This section is provided as a convenience to Life scouts working their
way to Eagle. If you can think of a resources that we have forgotten, please send an email to our
Steps from Life to Eagle
Eagle Project Plan Checklist
- Follow the steps outlined to get your project started. Use the following link to get a
copy of the Project Workbook.
Attention Scouts, Leaders, and Parents or Guardians:
Eagle Scout rank requirement 5 has been reworded. To support that change, a new Eagle Scout
Service Project Workbook has been created. Through Dec. 31, 2011, Scouts have a choice to
use either the new workbook or the one it is replacing. Scouts whose Eagle Scout service
project has already been approved by the council or district under the former wording of
requirement 5—and using the former workbook—should continue with the same workbook. If their
project has not yet been approved by the council or district, they may elect to use the revised
requirement 5 and the new workbook. Starting Jan. 1, 2012, Eagle Scout candidates—unless they
have already submitted a plan for approval by the council or district under the former
requirement—will be expected to fulfill the revised service project requirement 5 using the new
Eagle Project Workbook
- This link will take you to the NESA website to get a copy of the workbook. You can also pick
up a hardcopy at the Boy Scout Office.
Eagle Project Application Cover Sheet
- Bring this completed form and your troop/Scoutmaster-approved Eagle Project Workbook with
you to get your project approved by the Council/District.
Hawkeye Area Council Eagle Resources
- The Council checklists and other resources are available here. Scroll down the page to Eagle Scout.
Eagle Board of Review
Eagle Information Form
- Once all your requirements are complete, you need to fill out this form and take it to the
Scout Office. You also need to coordinate with the advancement chairperson to make sure your
records have been validated with the Council/National.
- Before you call to try and set up your Eagle Board of Review please review this Pre-Board Checklist.